Korenice -Novotny papers uploaded and announced

  • dulli862
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 21, 2008
      There are two pages that I received from the mayor of Korenice on
      something he found about the Novotnys in a handwritten jounal he had
      under his cabinet. I can't read Czech so I never did find out what it
      said about them. I hope it's not bad news...LOL
      Can anyone make it out?

      They are also in my photos under Novotny's Korenice papers.

      Barbara
      "Basia"
    • Ben Sorensen
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 21, 2008
        It is a personal/family history/landholding declaration, explaining the family in the overall village history. I will have to find more time to actually put it into English, but there is one overwhelming problem:  It is NOT in context as it has no beginning or ending.  It is interesting to see that Frantisek Novotny bought part of a meadow for 5,500 Kc a measure. It also gives a list of names of the men of the family in a direct line, but like I said, putting it into English will take me about 30 minutes- which I don't have tonight. :-( Sorry....
        Do you have the rest of the papers?
        Ben

        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 21, 2008
          Wow! I can get them but I will have to write the mayor. Did you get both?
          I can't thank you enough for just an indication of what it says.

          Barb

        • Ben Sorensen
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 21, 2008
            I certainly did. I just happen to be stuck with homework (translating and interpreting some passenger lists- yuck....) so I can't get to it. I usually do try to get to these translations pretty quickly... forgive me.
            I would love to read all the papers. It looks like it was going into either a personal or a local history. Do you know what year it was written? It tracks the male line pretty far back....
            Ben

            Wow! I can get them but I will have to write the mayor. Did you get both?
            I can't thank you enough for just an indication of what it says.

            Barb
            ************ **One site has it all. Your email accounts, your social networks,
            today!(http://pr.atwola. com/promoclk/ 100000075x121296 2939x1200825291/ aol?redir= http://www. aol.com/? optin=new- dp
            %26icid=aolcom40van ity%26ncid= emlcntaolcom0000 0001)

          • dulli862@aol.com
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 21, 2008
              I was told that Ben. I just emailed Mayor Sevick for the rest of that
              sequence. Someone will have to translate my email to him. LOL
              I was told the book goes back to the 1700's. I wanted to go back and copy
              the whole book before something happens to it!! I told him that it was very
              valuable and he should have it copied and sent to the archives. I hope he does
              that. I may have to go back to Ratbor and do it myself.

              Expensive!!

              Barb "Basia"

            • Ben Sorensen
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 21, 2008
                It was such an excellent snipet that I was ready to purchase the book. :-D Too bad it aint up for sale!

                I have a question for those who may have an account with Ancestry.com: can you access the Hamburg Passenger lists? If I get you the boat, the date, the captain, and the entry number, can someone actually get that page for me? I have to do something for "school," and the copy given to me was less than readable. :-( I have two words that i can't make out- and they are the MOST important two on the page!
                Ben

                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 21, 2008
                  Ben ,
                  I CAN TRY ?
                  I have world ancestry
                  jennifer

                • Ben Sorensen
                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 21, 2008
                    YAY!!!!!
                    I need  a clear version of the Hamburg Direct Passenger List for the Fritz Reuter, leaving on the 15th of June, 1877, entry 10- Obik (?), Carl, and his wife and four boys.
                    I will be so thankful....
                    Ben

                    Message 9 of 10 , Nov 21, 2008
                      ben do you have a birth date?
                      it seem they are not in order.

                    • dulli862@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 10 , Nov 22, 2008
                        Sorry I went to bed last night and didn't see your post. I have an ancestry
                        account as well as Ellis Island so I owe you a big one! Ask away!

                        Basia
                        Barbara