Re: L.D.S. records for Spisska Nova Ves

  • Lisa Baker
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 18, 2008
      "Tom Geiss" <tomfgurka@...> wrote:

      > They are supposed to have Krsty(Baptisms), uzavrete manzelstva
      (marriage), and Umrtia (deaths). I looked for these indications,
      and couldn't find them??

      Tom, I have copies of most of the records from Markusovce and have
      worked with them for years (trust me it gets easier)

      Here are some of the titles you may see

      Taufen - Baptism
      Heiraten - Marriage
      SterbeReg - Deaths

      Krstení - Baptisms
      Sobásení - Marriage
      Zomrelí - Deaths

      I found the the headings for most of the columns were written in
      Latin so the following would be found:

      This is a baptism from the year 1881

      Annus et dies = date this might be just the baptism date or in later
      records include the birth date

      Nomen = name of child

      Sexus masc or foem = male or female

      legit or illegit

      Nomen Parentum = name of parents

      eorum conditio = their foundation/establishment (were they are from)

      religio et Locus originis = religion at place of origin

      Locus domicilii, Nro Domus = town and house number

      Nomen Patrinorum = name of godparents

      Nomen Baptisantis = name of person baptizing child (Priest)

      Observationes = notes from the priest may include information if the
      child later died sometimes a death date.

      Early years have less information, marriage records are similar and
      contain information about the couple, the date of marriage, ages of
      couple, what town they live in, if they had been married previously,
      and the couples witnesses.

      Hope this helps.

      Lisa