Re: [SLOVAK-ROOTS] Oplatki (SP?) Christmas bread

  • Mapetras5@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 29, 2000
      In a message dated 7/29/00 11:49:51 AM Central Daylight Time,
      ekephart1@... writes:

      << I remember the Xmas eve supper at my grandmothers home, where the bread
      was passed out and served with honey after the blessings and I was only a
      child I am now 65, my grandmother was from Austria,Hungry which today is
      known as Slovakia, It a blessed piece and we couldnot waste it. if it
      dropped on the floor,I remember my grandmother would pick it up and eat
      it, oh for such memories.

      We always had a catfish fry and lots of potatoes and vegetables from the
      garden. The men would use a 50 Gallon drum in the yard and we women, then I
      was a little girl would bake in the house.

      Kathie in TX