Zborov RC church records

  • John Cerul
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29, 2000
      I'm tracing my Slovak roots back to Smilno, Slovakia. CERUL, CZERULYA, CZERULY, MARCINEK, SITEK.
      Finally found that the town of Smilno is/was in the Zboro/Zborov Roman Catholic Parish and have obtained the
      LDS films at the local FHC. (All 7 reels)

      I have found my Grandfather's and Grandmother's baptism entries, among others. but have run into a
      problem with my GF's Father. (My GGF)

      The Parent entry for a 1st child lists My GGF as Janos CZERULYA and as a RK.
      In the 2nd child's (my GF) entry He is listed as Janos CZERULY GK z. Petrovaj (I think)

      Is the "z. Petrovaj" an occupation or does it indicate that he is from Petrova, a town about 9 KM east
      of Smilno?

      For information the Film reels for this parish are reel #'s 1920551 - 1920553 & 1920561 - 1920564 and include
      the towns of Zborov, Smilno, Hutka, Stebnik, Stebnicka-Hutta, and a couple others that I haven't been able
      to decipher, All in Saris County.

      Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, and would place me in your debt.
      Thank you,
      John