Translation

  • Theresa McGlothlen
    Message 1 of 59 , Jul 29, 2000
      Here is the obit...minus the diacritic marks.

      OZNAMEMIE UMRTIA

      Stefan Lihotsky (Lehocky)

      obydlie 10348 So. Albany Ave

      po dlhsej nemoci. v sobotu dna 7. Augusta 1948. v 11:00 hodin vecer,
      vo veku 80 rokov. Drachy zosnuly narodil sa v Gayaroch na Slovensku
      a v Amerike prezil 50 rokov. Prinalezal do riaduVolnost cis. 117
      C.S.A. Pohrab odbyvat sa bude v stredu 11 Augusta 0 9 hod. rano z
      kaple pohrabneho zavodu Jan V. Satala, 4744 South Damien Ave., do
      kostola Sv. Michala Arch., odkial po vybaveny smutocnych obradov
      telesne pozostatky draheho zosnuleho vyprevadene a ulozene budu na
      cintorin Vskrisenie Pana
      Za tichu sustrast' prosia:

      MICHAL, STEFAN, ml., ANDREJ a CYRIL, synove; EVA NERAD, dcera;
      EMILIA, HELEN a ANGELINA, nevesti; snachy, kmotri a knotrovia, pani
      matka a ostatni pribuzni a znami.

      Sorry this is so long,
      Theresa ...Nerad, Lihotsky (Lehochy)
    • MGMojher
      Message 59 of 59 , Jan 19, 2016
        Jill,
            Go to the Slovak-Roots website. Check-in. Near the top is a bar that has the word Photos and a camera. Click on that. On the right are the words Actions and New Album. A box for up loading photos will come up.
        Sent: Monday, January 18, 2016 8:57 PM
        Subject: [S-R] Translation

        Hi what is the best way to post a picture for translation? Is it best to send it to someone directly? It will drop off the post here, eh, if I attach it?

        I have a baptismal record that I have attempted to translate (I don't know Slovakian) and one of the items in the church record book is difficult.

        Best Regards,
        Jill A Baty