Buchko (Buscjo, Bochaji)

  • DonnaPrz@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29, 2000
      I am looking for information on Andrew buchko, born 1875, died 1935 in NJ.
      He was "Slavic" and from the list we were able to identify writing on an old
      picture as being taking by a photographer in Lvov.

      I have found other Buchkos with similar naming patterns from Jasenov,
      Slovakia, which is about 125 miles from Lvov and very close to the present
      Ukranian border. (I figure the picture may have been by a traveling
      photographer as it was unlikely this peasant family traveled that far for a
      picture.)

      The parish records for Jasenov have been filmed by the LDS Library but begin
      in 1880. Is there any place I could find out if there are earlier records?
      Should I write to the church (in English - I don't have any letter forms for
      that area). I was able to get other records from Slovakia for another family
      through the service offered through the Embassy. Would this be the best
      route. At this point I don't know for sure that he was from Jasenov.

      Donna Przecha