Re: [S-R] Pottery in Slovakia

  • christine mackara
    Message 1 of 27 , Nov 6, 2008
      Marilyn,
      As far as uncle Joe knew, and in turn I know, besides the sister Sofia Makara, who married Joseph Hanisko, here in Philadelphia,Pa., nobody from that family emigrated. Maybe more distant relatives came over, but we don't know that. There is another Makara Family here in Philadelphia, and I visited with them about 20 or so years ago, but I was told, that we are not related.
      Christine

      Message 2 of 27 , Nov 6, 2008
        Christine,

        I don't know about your Makara family, but the same was also told to my
        cousin Lucy by another Klodzen family member then living in another city (...no,
        "we're not related"). Years later a little investigation of the recently
        microfilmed records of Eastern Slovakia Churches revealed that indeed they were
        not only related, but that their respective grandfathers were brothers from
        village Vinne.

        My advice? Keep researching, families can get separated very easily.

        Eugene Klodzen

        In a message dated 11/6/2008 10:54:18 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
        christine1931@... writes:

        Maybe more distant relatives came over, but we don't know that. There is
        another Makara Family here in Philadelphia, and I visited with them about 20 or
        so years ago, but I was told, that we are not related.
        Christine

        Holiday needs. Search Now.
        -aol-search/?ncid=emlcntussear00000001)

      • Lisa Marzonie

          Message 4 of 27 , Nov 7, 2008
            Eugene,

            Thank you for your input. I should have said : we are not directly related. You are right, of course, never give up looking for new info. I keep everything! And now and then I go over the notes and find new ways to look at things.

            Have a good weekend