Re: [S-R] Salay phone listings

  • Ben Sorensen
    Message 1 of 27 , Nov 4, 2008
      Thank you Mike for guiding people along that windy road that I laid here. I was at work, and couldn't help out... I am sorry. BUT, you did a great job!!!!
      Ben

      Message 2 of 27 , Nov 6, 2008
        Christine,
        A question for you….there are two elderly gentlemen in our church in St.
        Louis, MO with the surname Makara. Do you have relatives in St. Louis? One
        is the founding father of our Byzantine Catholic Mission Church.

        Marilyn

        Message 3 of 27 , Nov 6, 2008
          Marilyn,
          As far as uncle Joe knew, and in turn I know, besides the sister Sofia Makara, who married Joseph Hanisko, here in Philadelphia,Pa., nobody from that family emigrated. Maybe more distant relatives came over, but we don't know that. There is another Makara Family here in Philadelphia, and I visited with them about 20 or so years ago, but I was told, that we are not related.

          Message 4 of 27 , Nov 6, 2008
            Christine,

            I don't know about your Makara family, but the same was also told to my
            cousin Lucy by another Klodzen family member then living in another city (...no,
            "we're not related"). Years later a little investigation of the recently
            microfilmed records of Eastern Slovakia Churches revealed that indeed they were
            not only related, but that their respective grandfathers were brothers from
            village Vinne.

            My advice? Keep researching, families can get separated very easily.

            Eugene Klodzen

            In a message dated 11/6/2008 10:54:18 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
            christine1931@... writes:

            Maybe more distant relatives came over, but we don't know that. There is
            another Makara Family here in Philadelphia, and I visited with them about 20 or
            so years ago, but I was told, that we are not related.
            Christine

            Holiday needs. Search Now.
            -aol-search/?ncid=emlcntussear00000001)

          • Lisa Marzonie

              Message 6 of 27 , Nov 7, 2008
                Eugene,

                Thank you for your input. I should have said : we are not directly related. You are right, of course, never give up looking for new info. I keep everything! And now and then I go over the notes and find new ways to look at things.

                Have a good weekend