Re: [S-R] pronunciation Juraj

  • Ben Sorensen
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 3, 2008
      hi guys, I am busy, but I noticed something here....
      Juraj is pronounced Yoo-rye, emphasis on the first syllable, and the "rai" is like "guy." Slovak, with exceptions in the dialects, NEVER has an emphasis on the second syllable.
      Vela stastia!
      Ben

      From: Tom Geiss <tomfgurka@gvtc. com>
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@ yahoogroups. com

      Correct. Go to the head of the class.
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 4, 2008
        Thank you everyone. I haven't even heard the Slovak language since my
        grandpa and he never mentioned Juraj.

        Ludovit

        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Ben Sorensen <cerrunos1@...>