Re: [S-R] Machut

  • Michael Mojher
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2008
      Unfortunately, I have just picked up on this thread. But I have this for this page.
      Sarriske Jastrabie is familiar to me since I drive through it on the way to my ancestral village of Hromos not far away.
      http://www.cisarik.com/map-8c.html is a page of a map Eastern Slovakia that you can click on the name of a village and get information. On the Sarriske Jastrabie page two current surnames there are Macura and Macurova. There is a list of surnames from the 1822 Greek Catholic church, it lists a Macsur. This seems to confirm your husband may still have family there.
      I did not understand what is being asked about Machut(ova). Which seems to be a surname and not a village name. The Fuzzy Gazetteer for Macura only offered Magura, Slovakia. Which is much further south than Sarriske Jastrabie.

      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 2, 2008
        Uh, I'm somewhat lost. I didn't ask anything about a Machut(ova). Perhaps that was someone else's post. I only mentioned Macura as that was my husband's family's name--and I mentioned some other names which were connected through marriages or whatever. Our primary ancestral name was Macura, so the fact that there are ANY Macura/Macurovas listed is very good news for us.
        Thanks.
        Lisa

        "We have been called to heal wounds, to unite what has fallen apart and to bring home those who have lost their way." St. Francis of Assisi