report from Archives

  • Tom Geiss
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 5, 2008
      I finally received a much awaited report from the Levoca Archives,for which they charged me $171.00 (plus 10 percent, or $17.00) (I guess for currency exchange??). It was for six hours research,( half of that "demanding research ").
      The name Gurka, they spelled Gurko. They found her father's siblings,
      also her grandfather's siblings, as well as his wife's name of Hissnay, (I've been told that the spelling is "Hungarian"). Alsi found the great grandparents,( surnames of Hirt, and Pfaff), all the way back to 1764.
      But, I was disappointed that they did not find her immediate siblings, that I had already known about from family members? They did find one sibling, with a completely different surname, of Koloman? He only lived a year.
      All of these were born in Spisska Nova Ves.
      I guess that for the Brezovica connection I will have to write to the Presov Archives, or possibly Kosice Archives, since the girls that were born in Brezovica are supposed to be buried in Kosice.
      Yes, I realize I could probably save a lot by going to the LDS microfilms.
      The three girls would have been born around 1900, and buried in the later half of the twentieth century. Does anyone know what Fiche numbers would cover this, for Kosice, and Presov? They were Roman Catholic.
      Tom

    • helene cincebeaux
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 5, 2008
        Isn't this wonderful!!!!