Carpathian German Meeting Philadelphia Oct. 25

  • treimer@nycap.rr.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 4, 2008
      Our Carpathian German association meets at the German-Hungarian Club in Philadelphia on October 25. If you are interested in joining us for a nice dinner, music, talks on Carpathian German history, and meeting others, please join us.

      For a registration form and more information, contact Herb Zaborsky at
      Herbzaborsky@... before October 14.

      Thomas Reimer
    • treimer@nycap.rr.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 5, 2008
        Dear fellow researchers,

        Just to clarify--the meeting is NOT a meeting of the United German Hungarians, but of Carpathian Germans at the UGH clubhouse. Of course, Carpathian Germans used to be German-Hungarians before 1919 (and in their hearts long after that), but we're kinda separate now.

        Thomas

      • david1law@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 5, 2008
          Hi Thomas:

          I won't be able to attend the meeting, but just in case you run into anyone
          whose ancestors are from MUHLENBACH (MLYNICA) or ALT SCHMECKS (STARY
          SMOKOVEC) in the ZIPS (SPIS) region, please send them my way. Thank you.

          Best regards,

          David

        • treimer@nycap.rr.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 5, 2008
            David,

            There are several from Muehlenbach, as far as I know. I'll check.

            Thomas

          • treimer@nycap.rr.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 5, 2008