Re: [S-R] Ben Sorensen to perform on the Fujara (Sunday Nov 2, Pittsburgh)

  • Michael Mojher
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 2, 2008
      For those of us who cannot make it to Ben's performance, I would request that Ben be allowed to post a link to where we might be able to hear him play a song.
      Michael Mojher

      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 2, 2008
        Reminds me of another old mountain horn that Mozart's daddy used to play. (maybe Ben knows what I'm talking about). I heard a recording of someone playing on it, and it sounded nice.
        Also, I went to google , and managed to bring up a sample of Fujara playing. NEAT!!
        Sorry I won't make it to Pittsburg. That's where my daddy grew up, at a family compound called Summer Hill. (all subdivisions now, unfortunately).
        Tom

        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 2, 2008
          I'm with you Michael, I would love to hear it and I can't be in PA when he playes.

          Paula Byrd

          To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.comFrom: mgmojher@...: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 10:46:03 -0700Subject: Re: [S-R] Ben Sorensen to perform on the Fujara (Sunday Nov 2, Pittsburgh)

          For those of us who cannot make it to Ben's performance, I would request that Ben be allowed to post a link to where we might be able to hear him play a song.Michael MojherFrom: maxine Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2008 10:38 AMTo: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com Subject: Re: [S-R] Ben Sorensen to perform on the Fujara (Sunday Nov 2, Pittsburgh)Mr Ben, Mr Ben, Mr Ben----- We are all so PROUD of YOU! Give HELL Ben. maxine----- Original Message ----- From: Bill Tarkulich To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2008 11:19 AMSubject: [S-R] Ben Sorensen to perform on the Fujara (Sunday Nov 2, Pittsburgh)I see that the esteemed and ever-so-helpful Ben Sorensen whocontributes often to our forum, will be performing on the Fujara atthe Slovak Heritage Festival, University of Pittsburgh, SundayNovember 2, 2008. http://www.pitt.edu/~slavic/a/pdfs/slovak06.pdfGood Luck Ben and perhaps some of this group to get over there forsome entertainment, dancing and good food.[Non-text portions of this message have been removed][Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

        • Fred G Kovalyak
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 2, 2008
                 Ben  Sorensen and Martin Votruba ,  are both  great Slovak Singers.
            I bet  if we get enough Slivowitz or Pivo into them .....they would
            sing their Slovak Duet  of Folk Tunes at Helene's Slovak Pre Party
            on Saturday.

             .      Fred G Kovalyak

            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 2, 2008
              I love you guys.
              I don't know why you would really want to hear what I do.  :-P I am looking forward to playing for all of you soon...
              Ben