Ben Sorensen to perform on the Fujara (Sunday Nov 2, Pittsburgh)

    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 2, 2008
      I see that the esteemed and ever-so-helpful Ben Sorensen who
      contributes often to our forum, will be performing on the Fujara at
      the Slovak Heritage Festival, University of Pittsburgh, Sunday
      November 2, 2008.

      http://www.pitt.edu/~slavic/a/pdfs/slovak06.pdf

      Good Luck Ben and perhaps some of this group to get over there for
      some entertainment, dancing and good food.
    • Caye Caswick
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 2, 2008

        I'm bringing the cousins from Slovakia -- roadtrip from Chicago -- looking forward to seeing y'all there again!  If we have time we'll stop in Cleveland to sprinkle the Mother Soil on my gram's grave and maybe visit another cousin or two.

        Caye

        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 2, 2008
          We are having a Slovak Party in Pittsburgh the day before (Sat., Nov. 1) beginning at 4 pm and all are invited -  expect Ben to perform there too

          if you would like an invitation e mail helene at helenezx@...

          helene

          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 2, 2008
            Mr Ben, Mr Ben, Mr Ben----- We are all so PROUD of YOU! Give HELL Ben. maxine

            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 2, 2008
              For those of us who cannot make it to Ben's performance, I would request that Ben be allowed to post a link to where we might be able to hear him play a song.
              Michael Mojher

              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 2, 2008
                Reminds me of another old mountain horn that Mozart's daddy used to play. (maybe Ben knows what I'm talking about). I heard a recording of someone playing on it, and it sounded nice.
                Also, I went to google , and managed to bring up a sample of Fujara playing. NEAT!!
                Sorry I won't make it to Pittsburg. That's where my daddy grew up, at a family compound called Summer Hill. (all subdivisions now, unfortunately).
                Tom

                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 2, 2008
                  I'm with you Michael, I would love to hear it and I can't be in PA when he playes.

                  Paula Byrd

                  To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.comFrom: mgmojher@...: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 10:46:03 -0700Subject: Re: [S-R] Ben Sorensen to perform on the Fujara (Sunday Nov 2, Pittsburgh)

                  For those of us who cannot make it to Ben's performance, I would request that Ben be allowed to post a link to where we might be able to hear him play a song.Michael MojherFrom: maxine Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2008 10:38 AMTo: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com Subject: Re: [S-R] Ben Sorensen to perform on the Fujara (Sunday Nov 2, Pittsburgh)Mr Ben, Mr Ben, Mr Ben----- We are all so PROUD of YOU! Give HELL Ben. maxine----- Original Message ----- From: Bill Tarkulich To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2008 11:19 AMSubject: [S-R] Ben Sorensen to perform on the Fujara (Sunday Nov 2, Pittsburgh)I see that the esteemed and ever-so-helpful Ben Sorensen whocontributes often to our forum, will be performing on the Fujara atthe Slovak Heritage Festival, University of Pittsburgh, SundayNovember 2, 2008. http://www.pitt.edu/~slavic/a/pdfs/slovak06.pdfGood Luck Ben and perhaps some of this group to get over there forsome entertainment, dancing and good food.[Non-text portions of this message have been removed][Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

                • Fred G Kovalyak
                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 2, 2008
                         Ben  Sorensen and Martin Votruba ,  are both  great Slovak Singers.
                    I bet  if we get enough Slivowitz or Pivo into them .....they would
                    sing their Slovak Duet  of Folk Tunes at Helene's Slovak Pre Party
                    on Saturday.

                     .      Fred G Kovalyak

                    Message 9 of 9 , Oct 2, 2008
                      I love you guys.
                      I don't know why you would really want to hear what I do.  :-P I am looking forward to playing for all of you soon...
                      Ben