RE: [S-R] Surname REPHO OR REPKO

  • Ben Sorensen
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 23, 2008
      And if it is an "h" from a German-schooled person, they were using gothic or suetterlin- and therefore the "h" can look like an "F"!!!!!
      I bet on Repko- Repho does not fit Slovak at all. the "ph" is just not found in the language- and if it is, it is either a cudzie slovo (foreign word) or an all out rarity.
      Repko, however, has shown up at least 215 times in the 1995 Census. I would have to say that Janet is probably on the right track. I would bet body parts on it. But I won't, because with this economy, I may have to sell one or two.... liver, anyone??? Wait, heavily used... ok... kidney???? :-)
      Ben