Re: [S-R] Munhall, PA mystery photos

  • genmom4
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 18, 2008
      To answer your question, Maxine, these photos were taken in Munhall,
      or somewhere very nearby. It's hard to imagine even having the room
      for all of those people in one studio!
      I do not know if they are all in the wedding party. I have the
      suspicion that some are family members. I think the man sitting in
      the front row, on the left, with the regular tie (not a bow tie) is a
      parent of one of the newlyweds. I can't be certain, but he does not
      fit in with the rest.
      Barbara

      > Beautiful pictures! I wonder why they had so many people in their
      wedding parties? Did that come from the old country? maxine

    • Ben Sorensen
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 18, 2008
        Wonderful photos!  I don't know anyone there, but I could see some traditions still occuring in those pictures. Loved it!
        Ben

        I do realize that this is a longshot, but I have posted some photos
        that I am not able to identify. The area would have been Munhall,
        Homestead, PA.

        I have given an approximate date on two of these photos.
        There are alot of people in these photos, and I thought it was worth
        sharing to see if anyone looks familiar to any in this group who may
        have had relatives in that area.

        Please let me know if anything unusual stands out in this photo. I
        can identify three Hanchak family members in this photo, but none of
        the rest.

        http://www.flickr com/photos/ jrcrazy/28655751 66/

        This photo is a bit later. I can only identify one man, Andrew
        Hanchak, who is next to the groom in the back row.

        http://www.flickr com/photos/ jrcrazy/28647471 99/in/photostrea m/

        And, finally, this older gentelmen with the three girls.

        http://www.flickr com/photos/ jrcrazy/28655770 90/in/photostrea m/

        You have to admit, these are beautiful photos. Correct me if I am
        wrong, but my opinion is, that the people who are featured in these
        photos must have been very close family friends, if not related in
        some way, because these are pretty nice photos. They were all in a