Munhall, PA mystery photos

  • genmom4
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 17, 2008
      I do realize that this is a longshot, but I have posted some photos
      that I am not able to identify. The area would have been Munhall,
      Homestead, PA.

      I have given an approximate date on two of these photos.
      There are alot of people in these photos, and I thought it was worth
      sharing to see if anyone looks familiar to any in this group who may
      have had relatives in that area.

      Please let me know if anything unusual stands out in this photo. I
      can identify three Hanchak family members in this photo, but none of
      the rest.

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/jrcrazy/2865575166/

      This photo is a bit later. I can only identify one man, Andrew
      Hanchak, who is next to the groom in the back row.

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/jrcrazy/2864747199/in/photostream/

      And, finally, this older gentelmen with the three girls.

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/jrcrazy/2865577090/in/photostream/

      You have to admit, these are beautiful photos. Correct me if I am
      wrong, but my opinion is, that the people who are featured in these
      photos must have been very close family friends, if not related in
      some way, because these are pretty nice photos. They were all in a
      box, together, with family documents, buried among alot of stuff.

      Thanks for any help that you can offer.
      Barbara
    • maxine
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 17, 2008
        Beautiful pictures! I wonder why they had so many people in their wedding parties? Did that come from the old country? maxine

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 18, 2008
          To answer your question, Maxine, these photos were taken in Munhall,
          or somewhere very nearby. It's hard to imagine even having the room
          for all of those people in one studio!
          I do not know if they are all in the wedding party. I have the
          suspicion that some are family members. I think the man sitting in
          the front row, on the left, with the regular tie (not a bow tie) is a
          parent of one of the newlyweds. I can't be certain, but he does not
          fit in with the rest.
          Barbara

          > Beautiful pictures! I wonder why they had so many people in their
          wedding parties? Did that come from the old country? maxine

        • Ben Sorensen
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 18, 2008
            Wonderful photos!  I don't know anyone there, but I could see some traditions still occuring in those pictures. Loved it!
            Ben