Re: [S-R] film notes " inv.c.1800 "

  • christine mackara
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 9, 2008
      Thank you, Bill, It makes sense now.
      Christine

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: bill.tarkulich@...
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, September 09, 2008 9:31 AM
      Subject: Re: [S-R] film notes " inv.c.1800 "

      Ben got it exactly correct.
      The cataloguer responded:

      "Yes, you’ve got it right. It’s an abbreviation for “inventory
      number”. “Inv. č.” is used: 1) because it is in Slovak; 2) because
      it is a standard abbreviation used by the microfilmers and all of our
      operator reports, and by extension, probably the archives. "

      Bill

      On Mon, 8 Sep 2008 11:39:15 -0500, "christine mackara"
      <christine1931@...> wrote:
      > Hello Bill,
      > I prob. did not make myself very clear, I am sorry. What I did is this.
      >
      > I went to the familysearch.org site and found that the records for
      > Podolie,SK were filmed. I printed that out. On that sheet toward the
      > bottom are : Film Notes.
      > For instance : inv.c. (with that little mark on top) 1800 Krysty
      1705-1729
      > - Umrtia 1705-1713 - Uzavrete manzelstva 1705-1728 - VAULT INTEL Film.
      > The next film has : inv.c. 1801,then : inv.c.1802 , inv.c.1803 and
      > inv.c.1804. Index numbers ? I thought maybe they meant the year 1800 ?
      > When I get the film, it will probably be explained. I am all exited
      about
      > that find!
      > Thank you for your quick reply.
      > Christine