Re: [S-R] film notes " inv.c.1800 "

  • Ben Sorensen
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 8, 2008
      Bill, you are awesome.  Let me know!
      Ben

      --- On Mon, 9/8/08, bill.tarkulich@... <bill.tarkulich@...> wrote:

      From: bill.tarkulich@... <bill.tarkulich@...>
      Subject: Re: [S-R] film notes " inv.c.1800 "
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Monday, September 8, 2008, 12:27 PM

      Ben,
      That is consistent with the film notes.
      I've asked the cataloguer to comment. I will see how he responds.
      Bill

    • christine mackara
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 8, 2008
        Thank you Ben,
        I bet that is what inv.c. with hacek stands for.
        I'll wait for Bill's answer.

        Christine.

      • bill.tarkulich@iabsi.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 9, 2008
          Ben got it exactly correct.
          The cataloguer responded:

          "Yes, you’ve got it right. It’s an abbreviation for “inventory
          number”. “Inv. č.” is used: 1) because it is in Slovak; 2) because
          it is a standard abbreviation used by the microfilmers and all of our
          operator reports, and by extension, probably the archives. "

          Bill

          On Mon, 8 Sep 2008 11:39:15 -0500, "christine mackara"
          <christine1931@...> wrote:
          > Hello Bill,
          > I prob. did not make myself very clear, I am sorry. What I did is this.
          >
          > I went to the familysearch.org site and found that the records for
          > Podolie,SK were filmed. I printed that out. On that sheet toward the
          > bottom are : Film Notes.
          > For instance : inv.c. (with that little mark on top) 1800 Krysty
          1705-1729
          > - Umrtia 1705-1713 - Uzavrete manzelstva 1705-1728 - VAULT INTEL Film.
          > The next film has : inv.c. 1801,then : inv.c.1802 , inv.c.1803 and
          > inv.c.1804. Index numbers ? I thought maybe they meant the year 1800 ?
          > When I get the film, it will probably be explained. I am all exited
          about
          > that find!
          > Thank you for your quick reply.
          > Christine