film notes

  • christine mackara
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 8, 2008
      I have noticed, that in the film notes, of some of the films of the RC Church records, appears :
      " inv.c.1800 " before the years of baptism, death and marriage.
      Could someone please explain/translate this for me.
      Thank you.
      Christine

    • bill.tarkulich@iabsi.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 8, 2008
        Hello Christine,

        I would like to see whole page(s) before commenting. I fear taking
        something out of context. I'd like to see samples of those that have it
        and those that do not. I'd like to know what period of time was involved.
        The notation you cite is not something we generally see, so it is likely
        specific to this parish, or perhaps this parish priest. So understanding
        trends is important when we have to deduce a hypothesis.
        Bill

        On Mon, 8 Sep 2008 06:47:24 -0500, "christine mackara"
        <christine1931@...> wrote:
        > I have noticed, that in the film notes, of some of the films of the RC
        > Church records, appears :
        > " inv.c.1800 " before the years of baptism, death and marriage.
        > Could someone please explain/translate this for me.
        > Thank you.
        > Christine

      • Ben Sorensen
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 8, 2008
          the c has a hacek? if so, I am voting for "inventory number."  "Inventarne cislo" would probably be the full Slovak term...
          Ben
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 8, 2008
            Ben,
            That is consistent with the film notes.
            I've asked the cataloguer to comment. I will see how he responds.
            Bill

          • Ben Sorensen
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 8, 2008
              Bill, you are awesome.  Let me know!
              Ben

              On Mon, 8 Sep 2008 09:26:28 -0700 (PDT), Ben Sorensen <cerrunos1@yahoo. com>
              wrote:
              > the c has a hacek? if so, I am voting for "inventory number."
              "Inventarne
              > cislo" would probably be the full Slovak term...
              > Ben
              >  --- On Mon, 9/8/08, christine mackara <christine1931@ comcast.net>
              wrote:

              > From: christine mackara <christine1931@ comcast.net>
              > Subject: Re: [S-R] film notes " inv.c.1800 "
              > To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@ yahoogroups. com
              > Date: Monday, September 8, 2008, 12:39 PM
              >

              > Hello Bill,
              > I prob. did not make myself very clear, I am sorry. What I did is this.
              >
              > I went to the familysearch. org site and found that the records for
              > Podolie,SK were filmed. I printed that out. On that sheet toward the
              bottom
              > are : Film Notes.
              > For instance : inv.c. (with that little mark on top) 1800 Krysty
              1705-1729
              > - Umrtia 1705-1713 - Uzavrete manzelstva 1705-1728 - VAULT INTEL Film.
              > The next film has : inv.c. 1801,then : inv.c.1802 , inv.c.1803 and
              > inv.c.1804. Index numbers ? I thought maybe they meant the year 1800 ?
              > When I get the film, it will probably be explained. I am all exited about
              > that find!
              > Thank you for your quick reply.
              > Christine

            • christine mackara

                <christine1931@...> wrote:
                > I have noticed, that in the film notes, of some of the films of the RC
                > Church records, appears :
                > " inv.c.1800 " before the years of baptism, death and marriage.
                > Could someone please explain/translate this for me.
                > Thank you.
                > Christine

              • christine mackara
                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 8, 2008
                  Thank you Ben,
                  I bet that is what inv.c. with hacek stands for.
                  I'll wait for Bill's answer.

                  Christine.

                • bill.tarkulich@iabsi.com
                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 9, 2008
                    Ben got it exactly correct.
                    The cataloguer responded:

                    "Yes, you’ve got it right. It’s an abbreviation for “inventory
                    number”. “Inv. č.” is used: 1) because it is in Slovak; 2) because
                    it is a standard abbreviation used by the microfilmers and all of our
                    operator reports, and by extension, probably the archives. "

                    Bill

                    On Mon, 8 Sep 2008 11:39:15 -0500, "christine mackara"
                    <christine1931@...> wrote:
                    > Hello Bill,
                    > I prob. did not make myself very clear, I am sorry. What I did is this.
                    >
                    > I went to the familysearch.org site and found that the records for
                    > Podolie,SK were filmed. I printed that out. On that sheet toward the
                    > bottom are : Film Notes.
                    > For instance : inv.c. (with that little mark on top) 1800 Krysty
                    1705-1729
                    > - Umrtia 1705-1713 - Uzavrete manzelstva 1705-1728 - VAULT INTEL Film.
                    > The next film has : inv.c. 1801,then : inv.c.1802 , inv.c.1803 and
                    > inv.c.1804. Index numbers ? I thought maybe they meant the year 1800 ?
                    > When I get the film, it will probably be explained. I am all exited
                    about
                    > that find!
                    > Thank you for your quick reply.
                    > Christine