Re: [S-R] LDS Films go AWOL

  • bill.tarkulich@iabsi.com
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 3, 2008
      I am back in town for a while. I sent the cataloger a note. I'll let you
      know what's uncovered.
      Bill

      On Wed, 03 Sep 2008 21:03:35 -0000, "johnqadam" <johnqadam@...>
      wrote:
      > Another instance of a film listings gone AWOL. I have an older print
      > out of the contents of Film #1793225 and 1793226. I kept it for future
      > research.
      >
      > Reently, I ordered 1793225 (Petrikovce GC) and guess what? It's gone
      > from their listings. So is 1793226.
      >
      > What gives?

    • johnqadam
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 3, 2008
        This is the same sort of problem as was identified on the Delphi site
        for your Varhanovce GC query. It is in the same range of film numbers
        as for 1794357, 1794358 & 1794359 that you were looking for and geismom
        has on permanent loan but no longer catalogued.

        It would seem that a portion of the catalogue went missing.
      • bill.tarkulich@iabsi.com
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 3, 2008
          FHL already replied a minute ago. He was looking at these films yesterday
          and was puzzled because they are now "de-authorized." He is meeting with
          his supervisor tommorrow to see if there is any good reason not to
          re-authorize them. The real questions in my mind are a) how big is the
          extent of this omission (appears limited to Slovakia according to Shon) and
          b)why did this happen to begin with/will it happen again. well, one thing
          at a time.
          Bill

          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 3, 2008
            I would like to hear about any other numbers missing, so we can pass them
            along. I hate reporting them as we uncover them however. It's haphazard
            at best, misleading at worst.

            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 3, 2008
              Apparently a new missionary was adding information to many catalog entries
              and neglected to re-authorize them after the edits. They will go through
              the un-authorized tomorrow and get things fixed. It was noticed by FHL
              when they ran a report and noticed a lot of un-authorized records. I'll
              get a note when it's fixed and pass it along. John, can you pass this info
              on to the Delphi group?
              Bill

              Message 6 of 13 , Sep 3, 2008
                >>> I'll get a note when it's fixed and pass it along. John, can you
                pass this info on to the Delphi group? <<<

                DONE
                Message 7 of 13 , Sep 4, 2008
                  FHL Responds (just now):
                  they're all re-authorized and should be available for ordering use
                  immediately. They should hopefully reappear on FamilySearch soon, as
                  well.

                  Regards,
                  Bill

                  > pass this info on to the Delphi group? <<<
                  >
                  > DONE

                • Dr. Joe Q
                  Message 8 of 13 , Sep 4, 2008
                    Dear Bill,

                    That is good news. Apparently LDS has a bureaucracy approaching that of US government agencies.

                    Dr. "Q"

                    > they're all re-authorized and should be available for
                    > ordering use
                    > immediately. They should hopefully reappear on FamilySearch
                    > soon, as
                    > well.
                    >
                    > Regards,
                    > Bill
                    >
                    > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "johnqadam"

                    > and pass it along. John, can you
                    > > pass this info on to the Delphi group? <<<
                    > >
                    > > DONE
                  • blackies1999
                    Message 9 of 13 , Sep 5, 2008
                      Bill,

                      I am unable to locate the Greek Catholic microfilm for Sambron
                      (Feketekut), microfilm 1793879, 1793880, 1793881.

                      Jim D.
                    • bill.tarkulich@iabsi.com
                      Message 10 of 13 , Sep 5, 2008
                        As the message says, it may take some time propagate back to Family Search,
                        if in fact that is the tool you are using to locate the films.

                        On Fri, 05 Sep 2008 11:35:39 -0000, "blackies1999"
                        <Cantina2000@...> wrote:
                        > Bill,
                        >
                        > I am unable to locate the Greek Catholic microfilm for Sambron
                        > (Feketekut), microfilm 1793879, 1793880, 1793881.
                        >
                        > Jim D.

                      • gregory majercik
                        Message 11 of 13 , Sep 16, 2008
                          I may transition into a different e-mail account, but I would like to know if my account is active with this Group

                          Greg Majercik

                          On Wed, 03 Sep 2008 21:03:35 -0000, "johnqadam" <johnqadam@rogers. com>
                          wrote:
                          > Another instance of a film listings gone AWOL. I have an older print
                          > out of the contents of Film #1793225 and 1793226. I kept it for future
                          > research.
                          >
                          > Reently, I ordered 1793225 (Petrikovce GC) and guess what? It's gone
                          > from their listings. So is 1793226.
                          >
                          > What gives?

                        • Frank R. Plichta
                          Message 12 of 13 , Sep 16, 2008