LDS Films go AWOL

  • johnqadam
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 3, 2008
      Another instance of a film listings gone AWOL. I have an older print
      out of the contents of Film #1793225 and 1793226. I kept it for future
      research.

      Reently, I ordered 1793225 (Petrikovce GC) and guess what? It's gone
      from their listings. So is 1793226.

      What gives?
    • bill.tarkulich@iabsi.com
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 3, 2008
        I am back in town for a while. I sent the cataloger a note. I'll let you
        know what's uncovered.
        Bill

        On Wed, 03 Sep 2008 21:03:35 -0000, "johnqadam" <johnqadam@...>
        wrote:
        > Another instance of a film listings gone AWOL. I have an older print
        > out of the contents of Film #1793225 and 1793226. I kept it for future
        > research.
        >
        > Reently, I ordered 1793225 (Petrikovce GC) and guess what? It's gone
        > from their listings. So is 1793226.
        >
        > What gives?

      • johnqadam
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 3, 2008
          This is the same sort of problem as was identified on the Delphi site
          for your Varhanovce GC query. It is in the same range of film numbers
          as for 1794357, 1794358 & 1794359 that you were looking for and geismom
          has on permanent loan but no longer catalogued.

          It would seem that a portion of the catalogue went missing.
        • bill.tarkulich@iabsi.com
          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 3, 2008
            FHL already replied a minute ago. He was looking at these films yesterday
            and was puzzled because they are now "de-authorized." He is meeting with
            his supervisor tommorrow to see if there is any good reason not to
            re-authorize them. The real questions in my mind are a) how big is the
            extent of this omission (appears limited to Slovakia according to Shon) and
            b)why did this happen to begin with/will it happen again. well, one thing
            at a time.
            Bill

            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 3, 2008
              I would like to hear about any other numbers missing, so we can pass them
              along. I hate reporting them as we uncover them however. It's haphazard
              at best, misleading at worst.

              Message 6 of 13 , Sep 3, 2008
                Apparently a new missionary was adding information to many catalog entries
                and neglected to re-authorize them after the edits. They will go through
                the un-authorized tomorrow and get things fixed. It was noticed by FHL
                when they ran a report and noticed a lot of un-authorized records. I'll
                get a note when it's fixed and pass it along. John, can you pass this info
                on to the Delphi group?
                Bill

                Message 7 of 13 , Sep 3, 2008
                  >>> I'll get a note when it's fixed and pass it along. John, can you
                  pass this info on to the Delphi group? <<<

                  DONE
                  Message 8 of 13 , Sep 4, 2008
                    FHL Responds (just now):
                    they're all re-authorized and should be available for ordering use
                    immediately. They should hopefully reappear on FamilySearch soon, as
                    well.

                    Regards,
                    Bill

                    > pass this info on to the Delphi group? <<<
                    >
                    > DONE

                  • Dr. Joe Q
                    Message 9 of 13 , Sep 4, 2008
                      Dear Bill,

                      That is good news. Apparently LDS has a bureaucracy approaching that of US government agencies.

                      Dr. "Q"

                      > they're all re-authorized and should be available for
                      > ordering use
                      > immediately. They should hopefully reappear on FamilySearch
                      > soon, as
                      > well.
                      >
                      > Regards,
                      > Bill
                      >
                      > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "johnqadam"

                      > and pass it along. John, can you
                      > > pass this info on to the Delphi group? <<<
                      > >
                      > > DONE
                    • blackies1999
                      Message 10 of 13 , Sep 5, 2008
                        Bill,

                        I am unable to locate the Greek Catholic microfilm for Sambron
                        (Feketekut), microfilm 1793879, 1793880, 1793881.

                        Jim D.
                      • bill.tarkulich@iabsi.com
                        Message 11 of 13 , Sep 5, 2008
                          As the message says, it may take some time propagate back to Family Search,
                          if in fact that is the tool you are using to locate the films.

                          On Fri, 05 Sep 2008 11:35:39 -0000, "blackies1999"
                          <Cantina2000@...> wrote:
                          > Bill,
                          >
                          > I am unable to locate the Greek Catholic microfilm for Sambron
                          > (Feketekut), microfilm 1793879, 1793880, 1793881.
                          >
                          > Jim D.

                        • gregory majercik
                          Message 12 of 13 , Sep 16, 2008
                            I may transition into a different e-mail account, but I would like to know if my account is active with this Group

                            Greg Majercik

                            On Wed, 03 Sep 2008 21:03:35 -0000, "johnqadam" <johnqadam@rogers. com>
                            wrote:
                            > Another instance of a film listings gone AWOL. I have an older print
                            > out of the contents of Film #1793225 and 1793226. I kept it for future
                            > research.
                            >
                            > Reently, I ordered 1793225 (Petrikovce GC) and guess what? It's gone
                            > from their listings. So is 1793226.
                            >
                            > What gives?

                          • Frank R. Plichta
                            Message 13 of 13 , Sep 16, 2008