LDS Research

  • johnqadam
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 25, 2008
      >>> I am researching my grandparents.
      Ignatz Rudolf ... I am looking for information on the town that my
      grandfather came from. According to Ellis Island my grandfathers home
      town was Schwarzenberg. <<<

      Further to the angle that it may be C'irena Hora, Slovakia, there are
      also Evangelical parish registers of baptisms, marriages, deaths and
      confirmations for nearby Hnilcik (as well as RC). You never specified
      the religion, which is very important.

      www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library/FHLC/frameset_fhlc.asp The church
      (zomreli).

      go there in person to order the film(s). In about a month, the film
      will arrive and you can book a film reader and begin your research.