great maps on the break-up of Hungary

  • junemckee
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 16, 2008
      http://www.progenealogists.com/hungary/maps.htm

      Thought maybe someone would enjoy looking at this site
      I stumbled across on the break-up of Hungary. It has some really good
      maps and other info. once you start clicking thru it.

      June
    • nhasior@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 17, 2008
        June,
        These maps are terrific for location of regions, especially when one is
        researching Census and Immigration records and looking for a particular general
        area. Clear and easy to use. Lots of good information.
        Thank you.
        Noreen

        Read reviews on AOL Autos.

      • June McKee
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 17, 2008
          Noreen,

          glad that they may help someone. I also thought that they would be good for the Census.

            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 18, 2008
              Where on these maps is Subcarpathian Rus' / Carpatho-Ruthenia? It was
              part of neither Slovakia nor Transylvania/Romania, but it appears to be
              labeled as both of those on these maps.

              --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, nhasior@... wrote:

              > June,
              > These maps are terrific for location of regions, especially when one
              is
              > researching Census and Immigration records and looking for a
              particular general
              > area. Clear and easy to use. Lots of good information.
              > Thank you.
              > Noreen
            • Tom Geiss
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 18, 2008
                I don't know about on these maps, but someone told me sometime back that Pod Carpathy Rus was over by the border between Slovakia and The Ukraine. Not sure how far north it goes.
                Tom
                Where on these maps is Subcarpathian Rus' / Carpatho-Ruthenia? It was
                part of neither Slovakia nor Transylvania/Romania, but it appears to be
                labeled as both of those on these maps.

                --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, nhasior@... wrote:

                > June,
                > These maps are terrific for location of regions, especially when one
                is
                > researching Census and Immigration records and looking for a
                particular general
                > area. Clear and easy to use. Lots of good information.
                > Thank you.
                > Noreen

              • Michael Mojher
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 18, 2008
                  http://www.rusynmedia.org/Documents/Maps/map19c.jpg
                  Here is a link to a map and others you might find useful.