Re: [S-R] Surnames in Slovakia in 1995

  • June McKee
    Message 1 of 53 , Aug 6, 2008
      Tom,

      does that seem like alot for 3hrs? And yes it did help I appreicate it. Did you have any information on your family at all before requesting this search? I sure hope that they send you some good information. I have a pretty good bit of information on my dads side KOLINA which is Hungarian /Slovak ??? I have been researching now for about 8yrs and have done it all by help from this wonderful group and looking at films thru the LDS and various sites in the internet.
      I have not been so lucky on my dads mothers side which is BOLDIZAR. The village in which she came from is now in the Ukraine which is making it very difficult for me. I believe the village in which she came from is called Klascano from what is on her immig. papers, although these papers are very hard to read from the faint print. As for looking at films that may be able to be ordered from LDS they would be in Russian and I would not be able to read them. Humm too bad being my mother is Russian and Danish and she was raised speaking Russian she never was able to read it and forgot alot. Anyways back to my question, would you know how I would find out which Archive I would want to request information from if I was looking in the Munkacs region and also Presov?

      thanks, and good luck with that boat load of information you will get back!

      June

      From: Tom Geiss <tomfgurka@...>
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Saturday, August 2, 2008, 12:18 AM

      Ben, I find this village of '"Usvit" INTERESTING! ! between Hozelec and Zakovce?? Did it happen to have a church? and "Archives" ?
      Tom
      Message 53 of 53 , Aug 8, 2008
        Tom thank you for that info. I will check it out and see where it takes me.

        June
        From: Tom Geiss <tomfgurka@...>
        To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Saturday, August 2, 2008, 12:18 AM