Locating citizens on ships

  • nbenyo@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 25, 2000
      In my family, there's a pattern where most of the generation born in 1900-1910 were born in Pennsylvania, but raised in Slovakia, and returned to the US as adults in the 1920's. These US-born "immigrants" are apparently not included in the ship passenger indexes - at least I haven't been able to document arrivals for about 80% of them. In contrast, I've been able to find arrivals for over 90% of those born in Slovakia.

      Any advice?

      Nick Benyo