Re: [S-R] Surnames in Slovakia in 1995

  • Ben Sorensen
    Message 1 of 53 , Aug 1, 2008
      It doesn't translate completely.
      But, the "Pravidlá slovenského pravopisu" area is how the word changes grammatically. This is good if you speak Slovak. The area marked Názvy obcí Slovenskej republiky (Vývin v rokoch 1773 – 1997) gives you the name-changes throughout the ages- in this case back to 1773. Databáza priezvisk na Slovensku is your Surname Bank for that area. If you search by surname, the first place listed is where the surname occurs most often.

      Ben

      Message 53 of 53 , Aug 8, 2008
        Tom thank you for that info. I will check it out and see where it takes me.

        June
        From: Tom Geiss <tomfgurka@...>
        To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Saturday, August 2, 2008, 12:18 AM

        Ben, I find this village of '"Usvit" INTERESTING! ! between Hozelec and Zakovce?? Did it happen to have a church? and "Archives" ?
        Tom