Photo

  • DonnaPrz@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 25 12:50 PM
      Thanks to everyone for the lessons in Lvov history. I love genealogy because
      you end up learning so much general history as well as family history.

      I wonder if I might ask just one more favor. The sharp eyed, 11-year old
      budding genealogist spotted a couple of words on the back of the picture that
      everyone else missed. They think it says

      Bernh wachta

      That doesn't look like a valid word to me. Since the other information
      pertained to the photographer's address, copyright and fact that the original
      plates were stored, I don't suppose this has any genealogical meaning but it
      is always nice to be certain.

      Donna Przecha
    • Elizabeth Dente
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 21, 2003
        Hi - here is a photo I found. I sent it to a few other websites and found
        it said something different than I thought. I thought it said the man with
        the X lived from 1915 to 1970 and died in Newark. However a nice gentleman
        on another website said it marked the "55 anniversary of the death of my
        father" and it was written in Newark. Does this have any connection with
        anyone?