Byzantine church of Sarisske Jastrabie

  • aintabsi2
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 7, 2008
      Does anyone know the name of the Byzantine church in Sarriske Jastrebie? Are there records
      available for this parish, do I need to look elsewhere, or do I need to wait for something to
      become available? Thanks.
      Lisa
    • johnqadam
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 7, 2008
        >>> Does anyone know the name of the Byzantine church in Sarriske
        Jastrebie [sic]? Are there records available for this parish, do I
        need to look elsewhere, or do I need to wait for something to become
        available? <<<

        Greek Catholic parish registers of births, mariages and deaths for
        Šarišské Jastrabie, Slovakia, formerly Jesztreb (also called
        Felsõkánya), Sáros, Hungary.

        Krsty 1827-1874 Úmrtia 1827-1884 Uzavreté manželstvá 1827-1851 Úmrtia
        1885-1946 Uzavreté manželstvá 1885-1932 - FHL INTL Film [ 1794092
        Items 2-3 ]

        Uzavreté manželstvá 1932-1946 Cirkevné finanèné záznamy 1819-1878
        Uzavreté manželstvá 1862-1885 Krsty 1874-1952 - FHL INTL Film [
        1794093 Items 1-4 ]

        go there in person to order the film(s). In about a month, the film
        will arrive and you can book a film reader and begin your research.
      • johnqadam
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 7, 2008
          Not only the church records but also the very informative 1869
          Hungarian Census film.

          Jesztreb [Felso kánya] (Šaršské Jastrabie) Film 2162322 Item 1

          Good luck and happy squinting.
        • Lisa Marzonie
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 8, 2008
            Thank you very much. Knowing that these films are available saves us valuable time---didn't want to go searching for information which wasn't there. I really appreciate your assistance, and that of everyone in this group. I read the posts and learn from everyone. Sorry for my spelling and lack of diacritical marks....I'm a "beginner," particularly in the Slovak research, as that's my husband's heritage. I'm learning, albeit slowly.
            Thank you, again.
            Lisa

            "I give you a new commandment: love one another. As my love has been for you, so must your love be for each other." (Jn 13.34)

            http://www.windowslive.com/messenger/connect_your_way.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_messenger_072008