New to the Group Roots in Markusovce, Spis, Slovakia

  • Lisa Baker
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 6, 2008
      Hi to everyone

      I've been lurking around reading posts and thought I'd introduce
      myself.
      I'm Lisa Baker, granddaughter of Mary Margaret Buksar of Fayette
      County, Pennsylvania. Mary's parents were John Buksar of Lieskovany,
      Spis and Susanna Hruby of Markusvoce, Spis.

      John came to Fayette County PA in 1882 and Susanna followed him in
      1889 bringing their son John with her. They were the parents of 8
      children and many many more grandchildren. Susanna Hruby's brothers
      John and Martin along with their sister Anna Hruby Sebell also came
      to Pennsylvania.

      I have extensively researched the parish records of St. Michael the
      Archangel Church in Markusovce, Spis and can do look ups if someone
      has
      family there.

      That's grandma's side of the family, I will share grandpa's side in
      another email.

      I look forward to getting to know everyone.

      Lisa
    • david1law@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 6, 2008
        Hi Lisa

        One of my great, great, great, great grandmothers is an ANNA BUKSAR (also
        spelled BUXAR) from the village of SPISSKY HRHOV (DOMANOVCE parish) which is
        several villages north of MARKUSOVCE. Please feel free to contact me directly

        Best regards,

        David Michael Baloga

        Researching; BALOGA (BALOG, BALOGH),. CSUJ, HRONEC, HAMRAK, HARBALY,
        HARENCAR, HVIZDOS, JURASKO, KISSEL, KOVALCIK, KREDATUS, ONDERCIN, TKACS, TOMASOV,
        and other variants in spelling thereof, in the GEMER, SPIS, and SARIS regions.

      • Marilyn Hertenstein
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 6, 2008
          Hi Lisa,
          It's about time you joined this group! You're work, your kindness and
          sharing has been a great asset to me and my research. I hope your
          membership here is fruitful and helpful.

          Happy hunting,
          Marilyn Hertenstein

          _____