[S-R] Nice to meet you! KISSEL

  • James McGrath
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 30, 2008
      I have Kissely in my family tree, and normally wouldn't mention it, but I know that the final i/y sometimes changed. Mine were also connected with Spis (Spisske Podhradie, to be more precise), with one branch of the family at some point moving to Budapest and having a pastry shop there in the late 19th century, according to the stories passed down in my family.

      Best wishes,

      James

      Dr. James F. McGrath
      Department of Philosophy and Religion
      Butler University, 4600 Sunset Ave, Indianapolis, IN 46208
      E-mail: jfmcgrat@...
      Web page: http://blue.butler.edu/~jfmcgrat/

      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 30, 2008
        Hi James:

        My KISSEL ancestors from SPIS are very near SPISSKE PODHRADIE in the village
        of RICHNAVA (KLUKNAVA parish). I haven't been able to trace their lineage
        back yet because I have been working on other names in my lineage, but I
        thought I would mention it for future reference.

        David

      • angiekb2
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 4, 2008
          Thanks for the info and advice everyone! It gives me a great idea of
          where to go next.