Re: [S-R] Nice to meet you! KISSEL & BARAN

  • conserg@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 29, 2008
      Hi Angie

      Here is a Wesmoreland County (Pa) website that may be able to help you.

      http://westmorelandweb400.us:8088/EGSPublicAccess.htm

      Jean

      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 30, 2008
        I have Kissely in my family tree, and normally wouldn't mention it, but I know that the final i/y sometimes changed. Mine were also connected with Spis (Spisske Podhradie, to be more precise), with one branch of the family at some point moving to Budapest and having a pastry shop there in the late 19th century, according to the stories passed down in my family.

        Best wishes,

        James

        Dr. James F. McGrath
        Department of Philosophy and Religion
        Butler University, 4600 Sunset Ave, Indianapolis, IN 46208
        E-mail: jfmcgrat@...
        Web page: http://blue.butler.edu/~jfmcgrat/

        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 30, 2008
          Hi James:

          My KISSEL ancestors from SPIS are very near SPISSKE PODHRADIE in the village
          of RICHNAVA (KLUKNAVA parish). I haven't been able to trace their lineage
          back yet because I have been working on other names in my lineage, but I
          thought I would mention it for future reference.

          David

        • angiekb2
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 4, 2008
            Thanks for the info and advice everyone! It gives me a great idea of
            where to go next.