Re: Looking for information on Sarisske Dravce. Surname Golias?

  • johnqadam
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 25, 2008
      >>> I was wondering if anyone new [sic] anything about the village
      Sarisske Dravce, in the Sabinov region of Slovakia. <<<

      CENTER (FHC)
      The Mormons have been microfilming historic vital records worldwide
      for decades as part of their mission. The Mormons make their
      collection available to anyone for viewing at their Family History
      Centers (FHC). The microfilms are stored in Salt Lake City. When you
      visit a center, you can "rent" a microfilm, by paying a small fee
      (abt. $5 per film). The center will order the film on your behalf and
      notify you when it arrives at their center. You can then use reserve
      the microfilm readers to view these records.

      There's one more thing to keep in mind about the FHC. For the most
      part, the FHC volunteers will know NOTHING about research in Slovakia
      or about the contents of the films. The volunteer may know about
      his/her own heritage, but that is about it. That's where you need
      groups like this to point you in the right direction.

      www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library/FHLC/frameset_fhlc.asp The church
      (zomreli).

      LDS has Roman Catholic parish registers of births, marriages and
      deaths for Šarišské Dravce, Slovakia; formerly Darócz, Sáros,
      Hungary. Includes affiliated towns of Krásna Lúka, Slovakia, formerly
      Széprét (also called Semvisz or Schönviz), Sáros, Hungary; Bajerovce,
      Slovakia, formerly Bajorvágás, Sáros, Hungary; Poloma, Slovakia,
      formerly Polom, Sáros, Hungary; Olʹšov, Slovakia, formerly Olysó,
      Sáros, Hungary.

      Krsty1753-1759 -- Úmrtia 1754-1775 -- Uzavreté manželstvá 1754-1776 --
      Konvertiti 1756-1782 -- Birmovaní 1756 -- Krsty 1771-1790 - FHL
      INTL Film [ 1794089 Items 4 - 5 ]

      Krsty 1790-1813 -- Uzavreté manželstvá 1776-1812 -- Úmrtia 1775-1808
      KRÁSNA LÚKA, POLOMA Krsty 1788-1799 -- Úmrtia 1788-1799 -- Uzavreté
      manželstvá 1788-1803 ŠARIŠSKÉ DRAVCE Krsty 1813-1822 -- Úmrtia 1813-
      1821 -- Krsty 1813-1851 -- Uzavreté manželstvá 1813-1852 - FHL INTL
      Film [ 1794090 ]

      Birmovaní 1857 -- Úmrtia 1813-1853 -- Krsty 1851-1868 -- Uzavreté
      manželstvá 1853-1885 -- Úmrtia 1853-1875 -- Krsty 1869-1874 - FHL
      INTL Film [ 1794090 ]

      Krsty 1874-1886 -- Úmrtia 1875-1901-- Krsty 1886-1895 -- Uzavreté
      manželstvá 1886-1896 -- Krsty, uzavreté manželstvá, úmrtia
      (druhopisy) 1861-1894 - FHL INTL Film [ 1794091 ]

      Krsty, uzavreté manželstvá, úmrtia 1894-1895 - FHL INTL Film [
      1794092 Item 1 ]

      go there in person to order the film(s). In about a month, the film
      will arrive and you can book a film reader and begin your research.
    • johnqadam
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 25, 2008
        >>> I was wondering if anyone new [sic] anything about the village
        Sarisske Dravce, in the Sabinov region of Slovakia. <<<

        LDS has the very informative 1869 Hungarian Census on film.
        Darócz (Šarišské Dravce) Film 2162324 Item 2

        Happy squinting.