County Archives

  • Tom Geiss
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 25, 2008
      Has anyone had any experience with county archives, e.g. Levoca, Presov, Banska Bystrica ?
      I have sent in an application for "Genealogical Research in the form of a running account", regarding my grandmother and her siblings, to the Levoca Archives.
      With my grandmother, it's easy, since I was able to give them the month, day, and year of her birth, and the fact that she died in America.
      However, with her siblings I could only give the birth year, (plus the death year, in another town, for just one of them).
      How much can they, or will they do with the information? How much time can I expect them to expend?
      I notice that they ask for my limit on research fee. Does this mean that the more I am willing to spend, the more they will do? I guess that sounds like a dumb question, when the answer is obvious. Money talks.
      I'm learning. I welcome all suggestions. Tom