Re: Mutnansky Search / Nemsova - eight years later, any success?

  • rd1995
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 24, 2008
      Hi,
      It's 2008 and I'm also looking for any Catholic church records for Nemsova. It isn't named
      in the LDS catalog in a keyword search. I tried the town with the nearest old "post office"
      but that didn't work.

      I'm looking for Vavrus, Petrusek and Pechasek in Klucove (Klucsos under the Hungarians)
      but I know that the church was in the larger nearby town (called Nemsova).

      Did the film crews miss the town?

      thank you,
      Ruth

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, jajames@... wrote:

      > I have been trying to use the LDS records search to find the film
      > number for church records from Nemsova, Slovakia. I have not had any
      > success. Can anyone help me? I am looking for Catholic Church records
      > for the families of Mutnansky and Suchma.
      > thank you,
      > Judy

    • johnqadam
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 25, 2008
        >>> I'm also looking for any Catholic church records for Nemsova. It
        isn't named in the LDS catalog in a keyword search. I tried the town
        with the nearest old "post office" but that didn't work. <<<

        Here's where you will find the DEFINITIVE ANSWER.

        LDS FICHES (set of 6) LDS #6000786
        Slovak archives. Index of villages is on fiche #6 and page references
        refer to different religions. Most of these church records are
        available on film via your LDS Family History Center.

        No, you can't look up the information that is on the fiches by going on
        line. Some members may have the actual book that the fiches are based
        on.

        Good luck.
      • Janet Kozlay
        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 25, 2008
          I think you will have to continue to be patient. There are lots of villages
          in Western Slovakia whose church records have not yet been released by LDS,
          even though they were filmed long ago. Bill (www.iabsi.com
          <http://www.iabsi.com/> ) tells us that they are releasing these backlogged
          films as quickly as possible, but for those of us who are still waiting,
          quickly never seems quite quick enough.

          You are quite right that the Klucove/Klucs├│ records will be found with
          Nemsova.

          Janet

          _____

          It's 2008 and I'm also looking for any Catholic church records for Nemsova.
          It isn't named
          in the LDS catalog in a keyword search. I tried the town with the nearest
          old "post office"
          but that didn't work.

          I'm looking for Vavrus, Petrusek and Pechasek in Klucove (Klucsos under the
          Hungarians)
          but I know that the church was in the larger nearby town (called Nemsova).

          Did the film crews miss the town?

          thank you,
          Ruth

          yahoogroups.com, jajames@... wrote:

          > I have been trying to use the LDS records search to find the film
          > number for church records from Nemsova, Slovakia. I have not had any
          > success. Can anyone help me? I am looking for Catholic Church records
          > for the families of Mutnansky and Suchma.
          > thank you,
          > Judy

        • rd1995
          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 4, 2009
            I looked at that fiche back in 2005 (which is how I knew about the post office) but the films were finally listed (preliminary cataloging, but that's okay) in the catalog in early 2009. Due to personal obligations, I wasn't able to spend time on genealogy then, but I have been able to request the films last month. It's always a month before my films come in; I can hardly wait!