Re: Translation Help - Czech - What are you talking about??

  • Carole Haas
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 22, 2000
      For anyone interested in why I asked for a translation. I received
      pictures I had ordered of my families ancestral village. The actual
      village was KOLVIN, but I found that KOLVIN is part of a Military
      Area and Admission is Forbidden. The pictures I received were of
      SKORICE, a nearby village. Included with pictures from the cemetery
      was one of a headstone or marker that reads, in complete:

      NA VECNOU PAMET
      OBETEM PASISTICKE OKUPACE

      ALOIS VAVROCH SKORICE
      JOSEF PAVLOVIC KOLVIN
      JAN VANEK KOLVIN
      VACLAV KRAJDL PADRT

      Maybe these names connect with someone else too. If so, do not
      hesitate to contact me.

      Carole Haas
      cjhaas@...