[S-R] Re: Forbasy records and census

  • Linda
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 5, 2008
      Thomas,
      Thank you for the information.

      Linda

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, <treimer@...> wrote:

      > John,
      >
      > When checking googlebooks for old books and other sources on these
      three places, you might want to also use the traditional German names
      for both places, as Kniesen, Forbs and Stein (Kamienka), as the small
      cities were founded by Germans and the Zipser Sachsen population
      remained substantial till World War II--in Kniesen in 1930, 566
      ethnic Germans of 1142 inhabitants).

      > Thomas

      > > about the area where she grew up in Forbasy <<<
      > >
      > > Are you aware that LDS has Roman Catholic parish registers of
      baptisms,
      > > marriages and deaths for Gòazdá (also spelled Hniezdne),
      Slovakia
      > > formerly known as Gnézda, Szepes, Hungary. Includes affiliated
      towns of

      > > Krsty 1624-1831 Uzavreté manželstvá 1636-1801 Úmrtia 1665-
      1801 - FHL
      > > INTL Film [ 1739195 Items 3-6 ]
      > >
      > > Krsty 1831-1888 Zoznam krstov 1801-1843 Uzavreté manželstvá
      1801-1879
      > > Úmrtia 1801-1879 - FHL INTL Film [ 1739196 ]
      > >
      > > Krsty 1888-1904 Úmrtia 1880-1910 Uzavreté manželstvá 1880-
      1945 Zoznam
      > > krstov 1624-1901 Zoznam uzavretých manželstiev 1624-1952 - FHL
      INTL