Re: Forbasy church records and census

  • Linda
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 5, 2008
      Yes, I have reviewed the Roman Catholic parish records microfiched by
      the Family History Center. I currently have the fiche on indefinite
      loan (so if any new info should present itself I can run to the fiche
      and look for dates). From the fiche I learned the birthdates of my
      grandmother and her three siblings, also the death dates of her
      mother, father and one brother. However, I have yet to determine
      when my great-grandmother (Anna Killiany) or great-grandfather
      (Joseph Ochotniczky) were born and if they had siblings, who their
      parents were, etc.

      According to the files, my grandmother (Victoria Ochotniczky) had
      three siblings, Andreas,
      Maria and Joannes. Joannes died at about 16 months of age. I know
      that Maria came to the USA and married. At 16 years of age my
      grandmother joined her sister in the USA. I do not know what
      happened to Andreas but I believe he stayed in Forbasy and may have
      raised a family. My grandmother said her brother did not come
      to 'the new country'.

      Thanks again for your information.

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "johnqadam" <johnqadam@...>
      wrote:

      > about the area where she grew up in Forbasy <<<
      >
      > Are you aware that LDS has Roman Catholic parish registers of
      baptisms,
      > marriages and deaths for Gòazdá (also spelled Hniezdne), Slovakia
      > formerly known as Gnézda, Szepes, Hungary. Includes affiliated
      towns of
      > >>Forbasy<< and Kamienka.
      >
      > Krsty 1624-1831 Uzavreté manželstvá 1636-1801 Úmrtia 1665-1801 -
      FHL
      > INTL Film [ 1739195 Items 3-6 ]
      >
      > Krsty 1831-1888 Zoznam krstov 1801-1843 Uzavreté manželstvá 1801-
      1879
      > Úmrtia 1801-1879 - FHL INTL Film [ 1739196 ]
      >
      > Krsty 1888-1904 Úmrtia 1880-1910 Uzavreté manželstvá 1880-1945
      Zoznam
      > krstov 1624-1901 Zoznam uzavretých manželstiev 1624-1952 - FHL
      INTL
      > Film [ 1739197 Items 1-4 ]
      >
      > LDS also has the VERY INFORMATIVE 1869 Hungarian Census on film:
      > Forbász (Forbassy) Film #2162284 Item 5

    • johnqadam
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 5, 2008
        >>> Yes, I have reviewed the Roman Catholic parish records microfiched
        by the Family History Center. <<<

        You make no mention of the 1869 Hungarian Census. You MUST get that
        film.

        1869 Hungarian Census:
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 6, 2008
          Hi John

          You are right, I will get the Census. That should help with the search
          to find more info about my great-grandparents. Thank you for sending
          the microfiche number, that will make it very easy.

          Thank you!