LDS has 1869 Hungarian Census

  • johnqadam
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 2, 2008
      LDS has the very informative 1869 Hungarian Census on film for your
      villages.

      Felsõ-Mirosó (Vyšný Mirosov) Film 2150634 Item 2
      Hutka (Hutka) Film 2150631 Item 5
      Felsõ-Polyánka (Vyšná Polianka) Film 2150634 Item 4
    • johnqadam
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 2, 2008
        1910 HUNGARIAN MAP
        The old Hungarian map can be found at:
        http://lazarus.elte.hu/hun/maps/1910/saros.jpg

        Your villages are northeast of Bartfa (Bardejov) in the purple area at
        the top of the map.

        CUT and PRINT the relevant section of the map. Otherwise, you just get
        a corner. This map uses the Hungarian village names that you will
        likely find in church records.
      • maxine
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 3, 2008
          Hi, would you know where Jakubany, north east of Slovakia, and Michalovice is? thanks maxine

          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 3, 2008
            >>> Hi, would you know where Jakubany, north east of Slovakia, and
            Michalovice [sic] is? thanks maxine <<<

            CURRENT MAP

          • Ron Matviyak
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 3, 2008
              Yes, but it is not in Saros County. Go to this same page and change
              to the Spis/Spisz/Szepes county and when the map comes up look in the
              upper right hand corner for OLub. O'Lub or O'Lublau and directly south
              of that lies Jakubany.

              Ron

              --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "maxine" <maxine96@...> wrote:

              > Hi, would you know where Jakubany, north east of Slovakia, and
              Michalovice is? thanks maxine

            • Michael Mojher
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 3, 2008
                Maxine,
                Jakubany is due south of the present Slovak city of Stara Lubovna by about 6.5 km / 4 miles. If I recall correctly there are some S-R members searching there.
                Michael Mojher