Church Records @ LDS

  • johnqadam
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 2, 2008
      >>> b. 14 Aug 1894 in Vysny Mirosov. <<<

      >>> Helena Pelyak b. 1855 in Hutka. <<<

      >>> Pelagia was born 18 April 1864 in Vysny [sic] Polianka. <<<

      BASIC RESEARCH HELP
      For basic research help, be sure to visit Bill Tarkulich's excellent
      site at http://www.iabsi.com/gen/public/

      CENTER (FHC)
      The Mormons have been microfilming historic vital records worldwide
      for decades as part of their mission. The Mormons make their
      collection available to anyone for viewing at their Family History
      Centers (FHC). The microfilms are stored in Salt Lake City. When you
      visit a center, you can "rent" a microfilm, by paying a small fee
      (abt. $5 per film). The center will order the film on your behalf and
      notify you when it arrives at their center. You can then use reserve
      the microfilm readers to view these records.

      There's one more thing to keep in mind about the FHC. For the most
      part, the FHC volunteers will know NOTHING about research in Slovakia
      or about the contents of the films. The volunteer may know about
      his/her own heritage, but that is about it. That's where you need
      groups like this to point you in the right direction.

      www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library/FHLC/frameset_fhlc.asp The church
      records cover baptisms (krsteni),

      LDS has Greek Catholic parish register of baptisms, marriages and
      deaths for Vyšní Mirošov, Slovakia, formerly Felsõ-Mirosó, Sáros,
      Hungary. Includes the affiliated towns of Nižní Mirošov and Hutka,
      Slovakia; formerly Alsó-Mirosó and Hutka, Sáros, Hungary.

      Krsty 1805-1852, 1805-1856 Uzavreté manželstvá 1805-1815 Uzavreté
      manželstvá 1817-1843 Úmrtia 1805-1852 Uzavreté manželstvá 1844-1852
      Uzavreté manželstvá 1854, 1856 Úmrtia 1852-1856 Krsty 1856-1901
      Uzavreté manželstvá 1856-1878 Úmrtia 1856-1901 Krsty (Hutka) 1805-
      1831 - FHL INTL Film [ 1920571 Items 5-8 ]

      Krsty (Hutka) 1831-1839 Uzavreté manželstvá (Hutka) 1805-1855 Krsty
      (Hutka) 1839-1855 Úmrtia (Hutka) 1805-1855 Uzavreté manželstvá (Nižní
      Mirošov) 1805-1873 Úmrtia (Nižní Mirošov) 1805-1824 Úmrtia (Nižní
      Mirošov) 1827-1873 Krsty (Nižní Mirošov) 1874-1901 Uzavreté
      manželstvá (Nižní Mirošov) 1874-1900 Úmrtia (Nižní Mirošov) 1874-
      1901 - FHL INTL Film [ 1920559 Items 1-4 ]

      Druhopisy: Krsty a uzavreté manželstvá 1863 Krsty, uzavreté
      manželstvá, úmrtia 1864 Krsty a uzavreté manželstvá 1866 Krsty,
      uzavreté manželstvá, úmrtia 1876-1892 Krsty, uzavreté manželstvá,
      úmrtia 1895 - FHL INTL Film [ 1920559 Item 5 ]

      There are no records shown at LDS for Vysna Polianka but the nearby
      village of Ondavka has records.

      LDS has Greek Catholic parish registers of baptisms, marriages and
      deaths for Becherov, Slovakia, formerly Beheró Sáros, Hungary.
      Includes affiliated towns of Ondavka and Regetovka, Slovakia,
      formerly Ondavka, Sáros, Hungary and Regettõ, Sáros,

      Krsty 1866-1876 Uzavreté manželstvá 1864-1877 Úmrtia 1847-1877 Krsty
      1877-1893 Uzavreté manželstvá 1877-1893 Úmrtia 1877-1893 Krsty 1877-
      1893 Uzavreté manželstvá 1877-1893 Úmrtia 1877-1893 ONDAVKA Krsty,
      úmrtia 1863-1877 Krsty 1819-1862 - FHL INTL Film [ 1792048 Items 2-
      10 ]

      Uzavreté manželstvá 1819-1875 Úmrtia 1819-1869 Krsty 1877-1893 Úmrtia
      1877-1893 Krsty 1893-1934 Uzavreté manželstvá 1894-1935 Úmrtia 1893-
      1935 REGETOVKA Krsty 1819-1867 Uzavreté manželstvá 1819-1875 Úmrtia
      1819-1868 Krsty 1877-1893 - FHL INTL Film [ 1792048 Items 2-10 ]

      Uzavreté manželstvá 1877-1893 Úmrtia 1877-1893 Krsty 1894-1934
      Uzavreté manželstvá 1894-1934 Úmrtia 1894-1935 - FHL INTL Film [
      1792048 Items 2-10 ]

      Úmrtia 1877-1893 Krsty 1893-1925 Uzavreté manželstvá 1894-1925 Úmrtia
      1894-1925 BECHEROV DruhopisÍ Krsty, uzavreté manželstvá, úmrtia 1864-
      1898 - FHL INTL Film [ 1792049 Items 1-3 ]

      go there in person to order the film(s). In about a month, the film
      will arrive and you can book a film reader and begin your research.
    • johnqadam
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 2, 2008
        LDS has the very informative 1869 Hungarian Census on film for your
        villages.

        Felsõ-Mirosó (Vyšný Mirosov) Film 2150634 Item 2
        Hutka (Hutka) Film 2150631 Item 5
        Felsõ-Polyánka (Vyšná Polianka) Film 2150634 Item 4
      • johnqadam
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 2, 2008
          1910 HUNGARIAN MAP
          The old Hungarian map can be found at:
          http://lazarus.elte.hu/hun/maps/1910/saros.jpg

          Your villages are northeast of Bartfa (Bardejov) in the purple area at
          the top of the map.

          CUT and PRINT the relevant section of the map. Otherwise, you just get
          a corner. This map uses the Hungarian village names that you will
          likely find in church records.
        • maxine
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 3, 2008
            Hi, would you know where Jakubany, north east of Slovakia, and Michalovice is? thanks maxine

            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 3, 2008
              >>> Hi, would you know where Jakubany, north east of Slovakia, and
              Michalovice [sic] is? thanks maxine <<<

              CURRENT MAP

            • Ron Matviyak
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 3, 2008
                Yes, but it is not in Saros County. Go to this same page and change
                to the Spis/Spisz/Szepes county and when the map comes up look in the
                upper right hand corner for OLub. O'Lub or O'Lublau and directly south
                of that lies Jakubany.

                Ron

                --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "maxine" <maxine96@...> wrote:

                > Hi, would you know where Jakubany, north east of Slovakia, and
                Michalovice is? thanks maxine

              • Michael Mojher
                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 3, 2008
                  Maxine,
                  Jakubany is due south of the present Slovak city of Stara Lubovna by about 6.5 km / 4 miles. If I recall correctly there are some S-R members searching there.
                  Michael Mojher