RE: [S-R] Hello to all - new to group

  • Janet Kozlay
    Message 1 of 13 , May 30, 2008
      John,

      If I am correct, your Maria Molnar immigrated on January 25, 1912, from
      Holak, Trencsen county, aboard The Kroonland to her brother-in-law John
      Jura. Father, living in Holak, was Istvan Molnar (no "e" in Istvan,
      Hungarian form of Stephen).

      Holak is not the same as Holic, but rather an alternate name for Trencianska
      Tepla. It is just northeast of the city of Trencin, near but not identical
      with Trencianske Teplice.

      Holic was in Nyitra county.

      As far as I can determine, the church records for this village have not yet
      been released by LDS, so you may have to wait a bit.

      There are 1828 census records for Tepla (LDS #623161). However, not only is
      this a bit too early, the 1828 records do not tell you very much. (See
      discussion of censuses at www.iabsi.com <http://www.iabsi.com/> .)

      If you cannot wait, you might want to contact a genealogist in the area such
      as Vladimir Bohinc (www.konekta.sk <http://www.konekta.sk/> ).

      Janet

      _____

      Message 2 of 13 , May 30, 2008
        John, there is a nice photo of this village at
        http://www.trencianskatepla.sk <http://www.trencianskatepla.sk/> .

        Trencianska Tepla has a population of about 4000.

        Janet

        _____

        <http://www.iabsi.com/> com/> .)

        If you cannot wait, you might want to contact a genealogist in the area such
        as Vladimir Bohinc (www.konekta.sk <http://www.konekta
        <http://www.konekta.sk/> sk/> ).

        Janet

        _____

        From: SLOVAK-ROOTS@ <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com
        yahoogroups.com] On
        Behalf Of John
        Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2008 6:16 AM
        To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@ <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com

      • bill.tarkulich@iabsi.com
        Message 3 of 13 , May 30, 2008
          Trencianska Tepla
          ILAVA has Jewish records
          OPATOVA has RC records
          TRENCINSKA TEPLA has RC records 1782-1895
          TRENCIN has Evangelica records

          I agree with Janet, the RC records are not yet available at the FHL.

          Bill