RE: [SPAM]RE: [S-R] Sonntagsgrund, Slovakia (Markusovce)

  • Lisa Marzonie
    Message 1 of 52 , May 29, 2008
      I agree. If we're frustrated or upset, better to simply not answer. Everyone please remember that some of us are slower to catech on....we're not all the same (Ask me, I'm dealing with a chemo.-clouded, addled 54-year-old brain, and it often doesn't serve me well! ) At any rate, sometimes we miss things, forget things, etc. Unless someone is purposely being rude, there's no reason to assume anything other than innocent errors---we ALL make them; it comes part and parcel with humanity...and if you're not human, well, I'll stop there.
      Lisa

      "I give you a new commandment: love one another. As my love has been for you, so must your love be for each other." (Jn 13.34)

      ________________________________
      > To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      > From: maxine96@...
      > Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 15:05:12 -0400
      > Subject: Re: [SPAM]RE: [S-R] Sonntagsgrund, Slovakia (Markusovce)
      >

      > Vladi, you sound like you came from the Larry K. List! Are you having a bad day? That is not a very nice answer. Maxine

      Make every e-mail and IM count. Join the i’m Initiative from Microsoft.
    • Marilyn Hertenstein
      Message 52 of 52 , Jun 17, 2008
        I just received a letter from the lady in Slovakia who had heard of Sonntagsgrund. In a hand written letter, she just touched on the Sonntagsgrund matter. She said that an American she met was looking for his grandfather's family. His death certificate listed it as Zzontagrund , which she said was a very old name for a place near Spis Nova Ves. She had asked around (this was back in 1963) about this village name and was told by some old timers that the name was changed to Zavatsken dolina (Zavatska Valley), and "later on when Slovakia after World War II ended a Iron ore mine was built there and controled."

        So now I have a new village name to research!

        Marilyn

        _____