Trencianske Teplice

  • johnqadam
    Message 1 of 13 , May 29, 2008
      BASIC RESEARCH HELP
      For basic research help, be sure to visit Bill Tarkulich's excellent
      site at http://www.iabsi.com/gen/public/

      >>> was born in Trecian Tepla (SP?) in 1890, she resided in Holik
      (sp?) <<<

      Trecian Tepla (SP?) = Trencianske Teplice is located 71.5 miles NE of
      Bratislava and 6 miles east of Trencin

      CURRENT MAP

      To determine what church records are stored in Slovak arcives . . .
      LDS FICHES (set of 6) LDS #6000786
      Slovak archives. Index of villages is on fiche #6 and page
      references refer to different religions. Most of these church records
      are available on film via your LDS Family History Center. HOWEVER,
      records for western Slovakia have not yet been released and so you
      will have two choices:
      1) Wait for their eventual release, or
      2) Hire a researcher to study the records at the archive in
      Slovakia.
      go there in person to order the film(s). In about a month, the film
      will arrive and you can book a film reader and begin your research.
    • johnqadam
      Message 2 of 13 , May 29, 2008
        >>> Mary MOLNAR . . . Istevan (Steven) MOLNAR and Angelina BALUSK
        (a) <<<

        I checked phone listings for Trencianske Teplice and Holic'. These
        family names exist in the area but no hits in the particular towns.

        SLOVAK TELEPHONE WHITE PAGES
        You might find relatives in Slovakia who have a telephone listing by
        looking them up in the phone book white pages at
        http://telefonny.zoznam.sk/

        To use the search engine, you need to complete all the letters of last
        name e.g.: Adam or Adamova. There is no English version of the web page.

        Peter Nagy offers English-language instructions
        http://www.centroconsult.sk/facilities/phonewp.html
      • Tom Geiss
        Message 3 of 13 , May 29, 2008
          John Q Adam,
          Just wonder if you would happen to have the microfilm number that covers someone who was born in Spisska Nova Ves ( Iglo Hungary), in 1866; Also the film number of the same person's death record in Brezovica Nad Torysou , in, or about , 1946. Tom
          Message 4 of 13 , May 29, 2008
            >>> Just wonder if you would happen to have the microfilm number that
            covers someone who was born in Spisska Nova Ves ( Iglo Hungary), in
            1866; <<<

            1) you didn't specify a religion.
            2) The info is on line at the LDS site

            RC Krsty 1856-1885 Film 1739841

            >>> death record in Brezovica Nad Torysou in 1946 <<<
            That's in the municipal records office.
          • Fred G Kovalyak
            Message 5 of 13 , May 29, 2008
                 I recall a family by the name of Molnar in Adrian/Delancy & Punxsutawney,Pa.
              However that was  over 40 years ago.
                   FG Kovalyak

              Message 6 of 13 , May 29, 2008
                Thank you very much for the info.

                --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "johnqadam" <johnqadam@...>
                wrote:

                > BASIC RESEARCH HELP
                > For basic research help, be sure to visit Bill Tarkulich's
                excellent
                > site at http://www.iabsi.com/gen/public/

                > (sp?) <<<
                >
                > Trecian Tepla (SP?) = Trencianske Teplice is located 71.5 miles NE
                of
                > Bratislava and 6 miles east of Trencin
                >
                > CURRENT MAP
                > To locate places in Europe, especially if you are not sure of the
                > proper spelling of the place name, the best reference is found at
                >
                > ShtetlSeeker will take you there via Mapquest, Multimap or Google.
                >
                > To determine what church records are stored in Slovak
                arcives . . .
                > LDS FICHES (set of 6) LDS #6000786
                > Survey of parish registers in Slovakia up to the time of civil
                > registration. Provides details of church records that are held in
                > Slovak archives. Index of villages is on fiche #6 and page
                > references refer to different religions. Most of these church
                records
                > are available on film via your LDS Family History Center. HOWEVER,
                > records for western Slovakia have not yet been released and so you
                > will have two choices:
                > 1) Wait for their eventual release, or
                > 2) Hire a researcher to study the records at the archive in
                > Slovakia.
                > LOCATE YOUR NEAREST FAMILY HISTORY CENTER AND ORDER FILM
                > You can go to the LDS web site to locate your nearest Family
                History
                > Center (FHC) and determine their hours of operation. You will need
                > go there in person to order the film(s). In about a month, the film
                > will arrive and you can book a film reader and begin your research.
                > www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library/FHLC/frameset_fhlc.asp

              • John
                Message 7 of 13 , May 29, 2008
                  Thank you for the great map!

                  > 1910 HUNGARIAN MAP
                  > The old Hungarian map can be found at:
                  > http://lazarus.elte.hu/hun/maps/1910/nyitra.jpg
                  >
                  > Look in the upper left corner of the map to find Holics [Hungarian
                  sp].

                  > SAVE the map on YOUR computer. OPEN the map in any graphics program.
                  > CUT and PRINT the relevant section of the map. Otherwise, you just
                  get
                  > a corner. This map uses the Hungarian village names that you will
                  > likely find in church records.

                • Janet Kozlay
                  Message 8 of 13 , May 30, 2008
                    John,

                    If I am correct, your Maria Molnar immigrated on January 25, 1912, from
                    Holak, Trencsen county, aboard The Kroonland to her brother-in-law John
                    Jura. Father, living in Holak, was Istvan Molnar (no "e" in Istvan,
                    Hungarian form of Stephen).

                    Holak is not the same as Holic, but rather an alternate name for Trencianska
                    Tepla. It is just northeast of the city of Trencin, near but not identical
                    with Trencianske Teplice.

                    Holic was in Nyitra county.

                    As far as I can determine, the church records for this village have not yet
                    been released by LDS, so you may have to wait a bit.

                    There are 1828 census records for Tepla (LDS #623161). However, not only is
                    this a bit too early, the 1828 records do not tell you very much. (See
                    discussion of censuses at www.iabsi.com <http://www.iabsi.com/> .)

                    If you cannot wait, you might want to contact a genealogist in the area such
                    as Vladimir Bohinc (www.konekta.sk <http://www.konekta.sk/> ).

                    Janet

                    _____

                    Message 9 of 13 , May 30, 2008
                      John, there is a nice photo of this village at
                      http://www.trencianskatepla.sk <http://www.trencianskatepla.sk/> .

                      Trencianska Tepla has a population of about 4000.

                      Janet

                      _____

                      <http://www.iabsi.com/> com/> .)

                      If you cannot wait, you might want to contact a genealogist in the area such
                      as Vladimir Bohinc (www.konekta.sk <http://www.konekta
                      <http://www.konekta.sk/> sk/> ).

                      Janet

                      _____

                      From: SLOVAK-ROOTS@ <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com
                      yahoogroups.com] On
                      Behalf Of John
                      Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2008 6:16 AM
                      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@ <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com

                    • bill.tarkulich@iabsi.com
                      Message 10 of 13 , May 30, 2008
                        Trencianska Tepla
                        ILAVA has Jewish records
                        OPATOVA has RC records
                        TRENCINSKA TEPLA has RC records 1782-1895
                        TRENCIN has Evangelica records

                        I agree with Janet, the RC records are not yet available at the FHL.

                        Bill