but it would be nice if there were a church website

  • jahornick
    Message 1 of 24 , May 16, 2008
      Michele,
      If you meant an LDS website, go to lds.org. At the top of the
      homepage you will see Search|A-Z Index|Feedback|Help|Languages.
      Click on "Feedback".

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Michele Baker" <mbaker4@...>

      ROOTS@yahoogroups.com] On
      > Behalf Of nhasior@...
      > Sent: Friday, May 16, 2008 4:33 AM
      > To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: Re: [S-R] RC puts hold on LDS cooperation
      >

      > I was not aware that LDS members came to houses. I thought it was
      Jehovah
      > witnesses who did this.
      > This is a big surprise to me.
      > Noreen
      >

      > Yes, me too! I have even thanked LDS members who come to my door
      for other
      > reasons. It is not likely our opinions would impact the decision
      the church
      > has made on this matter, but it would be nice if there were a
      church website
      > to make our opinions known. Anyone have an idea?
      >
      > Michele
      >
      > **************Wondering what's for Dinner Tonight? Get new twists
      on family
      > favorites at AOL Food.
      > (http://food. <http://food.aol.com/dinner-tonight?
      NCID=aolfod00030000000001>
      > aol.com/dinner-tonight?NCID=aolfod00030000000001)

    • Caye Caswick
      Message 2 of 24 , May 16, 2008

        yeah, it's Jehova's Witnesses that go door-to-door, Latter Day Saints don't do such.

        Caye

        wrote:

        > The young men on their mission are the ones I've encountered.
        >
        > Michele
        >

        > _____

      • Ben Sorensen
        Message 3 of 24 , May 16, 2008
          ok, I am not mormon, and I promise to be quiet after this, but this "setback" is not really going to affect us that much. the LDS have already documented so much info that the Vatican's response to recent events is NOT going to eradicate the archives.

          However, I have just asked the Vatican for an address so that we may petition them. I expect a response shortly, and i will call monday.
          Ben

          Message 4 of 24 , May 16, 2008
            sorry, about half of this email did not make it. :-P

            I am going to call the Vatican number (on www.vatican.va) to get an address for us.

            And I meant to mention that BYU has some free courses on the "independent study" section about family history that you may have some interest in. Check it out!
            Ben
            PS- sorry about that previous email.... and back to studying and lurking for me... :-D
            Ben

            wrote:

            > The young men on their mission are the ones I've encountered.
            >
            > Michele
            >

            > _____

          • Ron Matviyak
            Message 5 of 24 , May 16, 2008
              Caye,

              You live in the wrong neighborhood. They drop by my house once or
              twice a year. .... well, and maybe four other save-me churches as well.

              Ron

              --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Caye Caswick <ccaswick@...> wrote:

              > yeah, it's Jehova's Witnesses that go door-to-door, Latter Day
              Saints don't do such.

              > Caye

            • Nick Holcz
              Message 6 of 24 , May 17, 2008
                Caye, afraid your incorrect there. That is why LDS people go on missions.

                regards
                Nick