Re: [SLOVAK-ROOTS] on line Slovak telephone book

  • Tarzantu2@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 15, 2000
      June,
      Thanks for the Otpalca translation site. In using the entire web address
      www.otpalca.sk/Aplik/Ang/anglictina.html, I received a can't display page
      msg. But, I was directed to just use www.otpalca.sk, and that got me into
      the site.

      I'm not sure if I have used this site before or not. I have 12 different
      language dictionary/translation sites in my favorite places, in case anyone
      would like to check out some different ones that they may not have.

      The problem I find with all of them - and it's probably just a language
      translation from English to whatever and vice-versa, that all the words don't
      come back with the match we're looking for. There seems to be a lot of
      variables. Sometimes where I know what the Slovak word means, I'll type it
      in English and get the right Slovak word. But if I then type it in Slovak, I
      don't get the same English word.

      Anyway, if you would like to try this site, it covers a ton of languages <A
      HREF="http://www.yourdictionary.com/">Click here: yourDictionary.com</A> for
      those that get the blue hyper-link, otherwise use
      http://www.yourdictionary.com/.
      Ray
    • jallen50
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 16, 2000
        Ray: That site is really something else! I can't think of a language not
        represented! What a find of those who have records in multiple countries
        with languages other than English that they must search through! Thanks for
        the lead!!!
[...]

        Visit Ancestry.com for a FREE 14-Day Trial and find your ancestors now.
        Search over 600 million names and trace your family tree today.
        Click here:
        http://click.egroups.com/1/7001/0/_/545880/_/963723703/
      • Madrobnak@aol.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 16, 2000
          In a message dated 7/16/00 1:02:25 AM, Tarzantu2@... writes:

          << http://www.yourdictionary.com/ >>

          Thank you for giving everyone on the list this dictionary info. choirmn
        • Tarzantu2@aol.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 16, 2000
            You're welcome, and I hope you noticed the Babelfish site also. It is
            absolutely fantastic.
            Ray

            <<