RE: [SLOVAK-ROOTS] on line Slovak telephone book

  • jallen50
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 15, 2000
      Ray...I don't know if it will help you, but at least for translation of
      words, I use www.otpalca.sk/Aplik/Ang/anglictina.html. Some generous person
      took pity on me and gave me the site. Hope it helps!
      June

      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 15, 2000
        June,
        Thanks for the Otpalca translation site. In using the entire web address
        www.otpalca.sk/Aplik/Ang/anglictina.html, I received a can't display page
        msg. But, I was directed to just use www.otpalca.sk, and that got me into
        the site.

        I'm not sure if I have used this site before or not. I have 12 different
        language dictionary/translation sites in my favorite places, in case anyone
        would like to check out some different ones that they may not have.

        The problem I find with all of them - and it's probably just a language
        translation from English to whatever and vice-versa, that all the words don't
        come back with the match we're looking for. There seems to be a lot of
        variables. Sometimes where I know what the Slovak word means, I'll type it
        in English and get the right Slovak word. But if I then type it in Slovak, I
        don't get the same English word.

        Anyway, if you would like to try this site, it covers a ton of languages <A
        HREF="http://www.yourdictionary.com/">Click here: yourDictionary.com</A> for
        those that get the blue hyper-link, otherwise use
        http://www.yourdictionary.com/.
        Ray
      • jallen50
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 16, 2000
          Ray: That site is really something else! I can't think of a language not
          represented! What a find of those who have records in multiple countries
          with languages other than English that they must search through! Thanks for
          the lead!!!
[...]

          Visit Ancestry.com for a FREE 14-Day Trial and find your ancestors now.
          Search over 600 million names and trace your family tree today.
          Click here:
          http://click.egroups.com/1/7001/0/_/545880/_/963723703/
        • Madrobnak@aol.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 16, 2000
            In a message dated 7/16/00 1:02:25 AM, Tarzantu2@... writes:

            << http://www.yourdictionary.com/ >>

            Thank you for giving everyone on the list this dictionary info. choirmn
          • Tarzantu2@aol.com
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 16, 2000
              You're welcome, and I hope you noticed the Babelfish site also. It is
              absolutely fantastic.
              Ray

              <<