Hornick, Verostko, Ziwisky, Chichilla

  • jahornick
    Message 1 of 2 , May 8, 2008
      I joined Slovak-Roots a few days ago. The names in the Subject Line
      are my grandparents. They were all born in the 1860's. My grandmother
      Paraska Chichilla (married Max Ziwisky) lived in Krynica, Austria. I
      think the others did as well or at least close to Krynica. They all
      emigrated to the US in the 1880's. They were all Russian Orthodox.
      I am trying to find out who their parents were.
      My grandfather, John Hornick (married to Anna Verostko) was said to
      have half-brothers.
      I hope someone can help. Thank you.
    • johnqadam
      Message 2 of 2 , May 8, 2008
        >>> lived in Krynica, Austria. I think the others did as well or at
        least close to Krynica. <<<

        Krynica (Medenice), Galizien, Austria; later Krynica (Drohobycz), Lwów,
        Poland; now Krynytsia, Mykolaïv, L′viv, Ukraine.