POKORNY-POKORNEY- HAVELCHEK

  • Fair115@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 23, 1999
      According to US Census, various spellings of surname POKORNEY came to the US
      abt 1884. The records indicate they were from Austria, Slovak roots. I am
      searching a John b. abt 1855 and Eleanor b. abt 1864 Pokoorney. They were
      married in 1883 in Austria somewhere. Eleanor's maiden name was HAVELCHEK.
      They had 12 children. Only know names of 6.

      Can verify this family was living in Duryea,Luzerne Cty, Pennsylvania
      1889-1910.

      Also looking for information regarding Frank b.abt 1842 married Anna b. 1850;
      Charles, b abt. 1872; Fred b. abt 1836, Bohemia married Philipena B. abt 1858
      from Bohemia; and Annie b. 1856 Bohemia, Austria. These people and their
      family were also in Luzerne Cty, Pennsylvania in 1910.

      Any information would be appreciated.

      Linda