Re: Fwd: [SLOVAK-ROOTS] on line Slovak telephone book

  • John
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 14, 2000
      At 09:25 PM 7/14/00 -0400, you wrote:
      >For those of us who speak no Slovak, could you please explain how to use the
      >telephone website http://www.zoznamst.sk/sk/index.htm ?
      >Thanks,
      >Robin Hannig

      I forgot to add that you click on the map of Slovakia - Vsetky stanice v SR
      and then follow instructions below. Also, where it says Keyword, if you
      click on the "branz^ovnik" button on the bottom it list key words such as
      "ambulancia". If you put the keyword in and the town, it will list all the
      "ambulancia" (out patient clinics) in the town.

      You don't have to use diacritic marks.

      Názov alebo priezvisko* - Put in the surname

      Klúc^ové slovo* - Keyword (means - Ako klúcové slovo môzete pouzit niektoré
      heslo z branzovníka. - which I didn't translate because I don't use it. I
      leave it blank)

      Ulica - Street - leave blank unless known

      Císlo domu - House number if known

      Mesto* - Town - must have at least the first three letters of the town. At
      one time you could use just one and run the alphabet.

      Smerové telefónne císlo* = Area code leave blank unless known

      Janko