Re: Fwd: [SLOVAK-ROOTS] on line Slovak telephone book

  • John
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 14, 2000
      At 09:25 PM 7/14/00 -0400, you wrote:
      >For those of us who speak no Slovak, could you please explain how to use the
      >telephone website http://www.zoznamst.sk/sk/index.htm ?
      >Thanks,
      >Robin Hannig

      You don't have to use diacritic marks.

      Názov alebo priezvisko* - Put in the surname

      Klúc^ové slovo* - Keyword (means - Ako klúcové slovo môzete pouzit niektoré
      heslo z branzovníka. - which I didn't translate because I don't use it. I
      leave it blank)

      Ulica - Street - leave blank unless known

      Císlo domu - House number if known

      Mesto* - Town - must have at least the first three letters of the town. At
      one time you could use just one and run the alphabet.

      Smerové telefónne císlo* = Area code leave blank unless known

      Janko
    • jallen50
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 14, 2000
        Robin: I don't speak the language, so I can't translated what the words
        mean, but I first click on Bytove Stanice. When the screen appears, I enter
        the surname I am seeking in the space next to "Priezvisko", then enter the
        name of the town or village next to "Mesto" and either press enter or click
        the block at the end of the page on the left. I learned the hard was that
        clicking the bar on the right erases everything, and I have to start all
        over!

        For those of us who speak no Slovak, could you please explain how to use the
        telephone website http://www.zoznamst.sk/sk/index.htm ?
        Thanks,
        Robin Hannig

        Get a NextCard Visa, in 30 seconds!
        1. Fill in the brief application
        http://click.egroups.com/1/6631/0/_/545880/_/963624364/
      • John
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 14, 2000
          At 09:25 PM 7/14/00 -0400, you wrote:
          >For those of us who speak no Slovak, could you please explain how to use the
          >telephone website http://www.zoznamst.sk/sk/index.htm ?
          >Thanks,
          >Robin Hannig

          I forgot to add that you click on the map of Slovakia - Vsetky stanice v SR
          and then follow instructions below. Also, where it says Keyword, if you
          click on the "branz^ovnik" button on the bottom it list key words such as
          "ambulancia". If you put the keyword in and the town, it will list all the
          "ambulancia" (out patient clinics) in the town.